Worth 5%, Due on your blog by the end of the period.
Check with me that I have received it before you leave
Get it done well before the end of the period as if I don't find it to be complete I will send you out again to reshoot.
Borrow a tripod
- Shoot a still life scene:
- Make sure your object is close to your camera
- Focus on the object and shoot at 5 of these different apertures f/2, 2.8, 4, 5.6, 8, 11, 16, 22 (going from your smallest number to your largest)
- You will mostly likely need to use a tripod in order to accommodate these different apertures
- Submit three images: shallow DOF, medium DOF and deep DOF. List the camera settings used.Describe the three images and how the sharpness or softness of the background obscures information or gives us information. How does the feeling and reading of the image change with changes in DOF? Which is the most effective of your images?
- Shoot a portrait:
- In one image make the background blurry. In the other make the background sharp. List the camera settings used in each image. How does this change the image and also how does it change the reading of the portrait?
- Shoot an architecture image:
- Simply shoot the image with a deep DOF. List the camera settings used. Use a tripod and compose carefully and come back with a strong architecture image.
Do more than simply fulfill a technical exercise. Try to make interesting images. Be creative, think about light and composition, etc. A total of 6 images should be on your blog, with the descriptions requested.